Introducing Garden Birdie Press!
Introducing Garden Birdie Press LLC, the publishing imprint for our upcoming children's books! After releasing Bawk Bawk in the Backyard in 2023, I began working on some new stories, one with each of my children.
If you join our mailing list, I will email you when they're ready for pre-order. That's right, were releasing all three books at once in early 2027! When you join the list, you'll also receive an email right away with a sneak peek into our creative process.Click here to join the mailing list.
Here's a little bit about the kids and our projects:
My daughter Emma wrote the manuscript for our children's book, and I created the watercolor paintings. Emma is an incredible writer with a highly creative spirit!
We spent a lot of time making our story, wanting our words and art to convey the childlike wonder of nature. We even stayed at a cabin together one weekend for inspiration. There, in a forest by a pond, Emma completed her manuscript.
My son Brendan made the drawings for our children's book, which I inked and painted with watercolor, and I wrote the manuscript. Brendan is very artistic and has made some amazing art over the years!
It was an adventure collaborating on our illustrations, and we both learned a lot while working together. Brendan's drawings are fantastic and really add to the humor in our story, which features our cat Allie as the main character.
My son Liam colored in the drawings I made for our children's book, and I wrote the manuscript. Working with artist-quality colored pencils can be a slow, tedious process, but Liam kept such a positive attitude as he mastered the technique. We had a lot of fun chatting and listening to audiobooks as he colored!
Liam was instrumental in helping me come up with the concept and storyline for our book, which has some of our favorite things: Liam's teddy bear, his love of snails, and our shared passion for gardening.
We are so grateful for the support of our friends and family, and we cant wait to share our stories with you. Remember to join the email list for your first look at some of the art!







Comments
Post a Comment